North State Environmental has successfully been in business for 27 years. We now operate across the southeast, working with government agencies, nonprofits, universities, mitigation banks, and companies that need to comply with state and federal environmental rules and regulations. Our team has a passion for working around water and deeply desires to positively impact our environment. North State Environmental has a strong understanding of stream and river functions and this has contributed to our groundbreaking longevity of being industry leaders. One of the primary secrets of our success is the ability to understand what designers and owners need to reach their goals for a successful project.
Will oversee crew, logistics, scheduling, and project construction. Responsible for effective communication with crew, engineers, landowners, Inspectors, and corporate office to ensure project success in a professional manner. Enforce company policies and procedures.
· Utilizing equipment operators and laborers; plan, organize and direct activities concerned with projects
· Follow project goals, construction methods, and performance standards within company policy and contract specifications
· Enforce all company/client safety policies and procedures
· Profitable and on-time completion
· Maintain equipment to company standards
· Be safe
· Implement company/client safety policies
· Job hazard assessments – Daily
· Conduct safety and toolbox talks – Daily
· Injuries reported immediately and/or contact the main office within 2 hours
· Equipment damage reported within 24 hours
· Report near misses within 24 hours
· Conduct weekly safety topic talk, turn in sign-in sheet to HR
· Enforce project work schedule
· Project schedule is subject to change due to weather or completion requirements
· Work as directed – this may include weekends and holidays
· Professionally represent the company in meetings
· Paperwork/Heavy Job (Electronic Timekeeping system)
· Submit accurate timesheets daily
· Submit all credit card receipts daily to AP
· Submit material receipt tickets weekly to project manager
· Report accurate work quantities daily
· Complete and submit job required documentation
· Enter accurate truck/equipment numbers and mileage/hours
· Report equipment maintenance/damage to mechanics
· Take and turn in before/during/after project photos
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
· Knowledge of construction materials, methods, and proper operation skills for equipment and tools
· Knowledge of construction sequences and measurements
· Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools
· Basic survey and GPS experience
· Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations
· Basic computer skills
· Knowledge of HCSS/Heavy Job a plus
· Communication and problem-solving skills
· Basic math skills
· Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
Supervisor responsibilities include but not limited to ensuring all crew members maintain a professional manner at all times. Delegates day-to-day operational duties to all crew members within his/her crew.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are determined within the project details based on the geographical location, cost estimation, and pre-construction communication with the client and engineers.
Travel is predominantly out-of-area and overnight travel is to be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED diploma, or 1 to 12 months of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
· Knowledge of HCSS/Heavy Job a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Must have and maintain valid driver’s license meeting requirements to be on company driving list.
· Ability to travel out of town for up to three weeks at a time.
· Clean criminal record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.